Ozone Therapy in Paediatrics
Role of Ozone Therapy in Paediatrics
Ozone therapy is a non-invasive alternative medical treatment that is gaining popularity among parents and healthcare providers as a potential therapy for a range of paediatric conditions.
What is Ozone therapy?
Ozone therapy is the administration of ozone gas to the body in order to increase oxygenation in cells, antioxidants in blood, reduce inflammation in overall body tissues and promote healing. Ozone is a highly reactive form of oxygen that is produced naturally in the atmosphere, and it has powerful antimicrobial properties that make it an effective treatment for a variety of conditions.
In medical Ozone therapy, medical-grade ozone is generated, using a specialized generator, and then introduced into the body using various mediums, including intravenous infusion and drips, rectal insufflation, vaginal insufflation, steam, bagging and more. The exact method of delivery will depend on the condition being treated, the age of the patient and other factors. The rectal method is most suitable for children.
How does Ozone Therapy Work?
Ozone therapy works by increasing the level and purity of oxygen in the body in ozonised form, as well as reducing inflammation and promoting healing. When Ozone is introduced into the body, it reacts with certain enzymes and proteins, which triggers a flow of biochemical reactions that can have a number of therapeutic effects.
One of the key effects of Ozone therapy is the stimulation of the immune system. Ozone therapy has been proven to increase the production of White Blood Cells, which are essential for fighting infections and diseases. This can be particularly beneficial for paediatric patients who may be more vulnerable to infections due to an undeveloped immune system.
Ozone therapy also has antimicrobial properties that kills bacteria, fungi and viruses on contracting ozone. This can help prevent infections and promote healing in a variety of conditions, including wounds, burns and other injuries.
In addition, Ozone therapy can reduce inflammation in the body, which can help eliminate symptoms associated with a variety of conditions, including asthma, allergies, and autoimmune disorders.
Benefits of Ozone Therapy for Children
Ozone therapy has a number of potential benefits for paediatric patients, including:
- Boosts immune system Ozone therapy stimulates the production of WBC, which are essential for fighting infections and diseases.
- Reduce inflammation Ozone therapy can reduce inflammation in the body, which can help alleviate symptoms associated with a variety of conditions, including asthma, allergies, and autoimmune disorders.
- Kills bacteria and viruses: Ozone therapy has potential antimicrobial properties and can kill bacteria, viruses and fungi in contact, which can help prevent infections and promote healing.
- Increase is oxygen supply: Ozone therapy can increase the amount of oxygen in the cells, which can improve energy level, reduce fatigue and promote healing.
- Enhances detoxification: Ozone therapy can help the body eliminate harmful free radicals, toxins and impurities, which can promote overall health and well-being.
- Promotes tissue healing: Ozone therapy can stimulate tissue regeneration and repair, which can be beneficial for a variety of conditions, including wounds, burns, and musculoskeletal injuries.
What Conditions Can Ozone Therapy Treat in Paediatrics? Ozone therapy has been used to treat a variety of paediatrics conditions, including
- Infections: Ozone therapy can be used to treat a wide range of infections, including viral, bacterial and fungal infections. It can be particularly effective for conditions such as recurrent ear infections, sinusitis, and pneumonia.
- Allergies and Ashma: Ozone therapy can help reduce inflammation in the airways, making it a potentially effective treatment for allergies and asthma.
- Autoimmune Disorders: Ozone therapy can help modulate the immune system, which can be beneficial for autoimmune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus. 4. Chronic pain: Ozone therapy has been shown to have analgesic (pain-relieving) effects and can be used to treat chronic pain conditions such as fibromyalgia, arthritis, and migraines. 5. Dental problem: Ozone therapy can effectively treat dental caries, and periodontal disease in children by killing bacteria, reducing inflammation, and promoting tissue regeneration.
Contra-indications for Ozone Therapy in Children
While Ozone therapy can be beneficial for many medical conditions in children, there are some contraindications to consider. These include:
- Bleeding disorders: Ozone therapy can increase blood flow, which can be problematic for individuals with bleeding disorders.
- Pregnancy: Ozone therapy is contraindicated in pregnant women, as it can potentially harm the developing foetus.
- G6PD deficiency: Individuals with glucose 6 phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency should avoid ozone therapy, as it can cause haemolysis, a condition in which red blood cells are destroyed.
- Thyroid disease: Ozone therapy can affect thyroid function and should be avoided in patients with Thyroid disease.
- Lung disease: Ozone therapy can irritate the lungs and should be avoided in patients with chronic lung disease, such as emphysema on chronic bronchitis. It is also important to make that ozone therapy should only be administered by a qualified healthcare provider who has received proper training in the technique. Improper administration of ozone therapy can lead to serious effects and complications.
Ozone therapy is a promising alternative medical treatment that can be used to treat a variety of paediatric conditions. It works by increasing oxygenation, reducing inflammation, and promoting healing in the body. While ozone therapy has many potential benefits, it is important to consult with a qualified healthcare provider before beginning treatment to ensure that it is safe and appropriate for your child. As with any medical treatment, there are also some contraindications to consider, and it is important to discuss these with your healthcare provider before undergoing
ozone therapy. With proper administration and supervision. Ozone therapy can be a safe and effective treatment option for a variety of paediatric conditions.