“Yoga” World’s Best Medicine
Yoga is a word originated from Sanskrit word ‘Yuj’ which means union of individual consciousness with universal consciousness. Yoga is world’s best medicine that works on mental, spiritual, emotional well-being. It is a fundamental step you can take towards, expanding the limits of your consciousness to gain mastery over your mind. It is the journey inwards which helps to attain the real goal of life which is self-realization. The ultimate goal of yoga is stabilizing the mind and gaining insight within, being in a space of detached awareness.
Integrating the World’s Best Medicine with the Diverse Tools and Streams of Yoga:
- Asana: Asanas are body postures which are performed daily to make body flexible, so that we enhance our output to optimum capacity by synchronizing our body energies with cosmic energies to fulfill our karma or duties for the day without breaking down, like a well-oiled machine performs.
- pranayama: Prana is our ‘Breath’ the very foundation of our life and living. It’s important to keep our pranic force in balance and rhythm. This will help the body to stay vitalized. Pranayama helps in higher oxygen supply to cells and tissues. This improves energy levels to the body. It brings higher mental clarity as well.
- Meditation: Meditation is focusing the mind on a particular object or activity, to train focus and awareness, achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm and stable state. It helps bringing balance between two functions of Nervous system: Sympathetic and Parasympathetic, latter being active during meditation. When we meditate, we lower our stress levels, we connect better, we improve our focus, and we’re kinder to ourselves.
- Kriyas: Kriya refers to a sequence of breathing practices, and exercises that are practiced achieving complete harmony of mind and body activity. This word means “complete action”.
- Therapeutic Yoga: Therapeutic yoga brings healing of body and mind. A set of specific exercises, combined with breathing techniques and meditation principles are applied till, full recovery established.
At “Bliss” therapeutic yoga is offered for various conditions:
Because of concentration on mind and body integration, yoga therapy is applied to address many physical and mental health issues.
It has been effectively used to treat:
Depression, Anxiety, Back pain, Heart conditions, Asthma, Chronic Fatigue, Hypertension, Multiple Sclerosis, Side effects of Chemotherapy and much more.
Some of the other conditions are-
- Yoga for Pregnancy– From your physical body to your emotional state, prenatal yoga is key to a healthy, happy pregnancy. It helps to support your changing hormones. It tones the important muscle groups. It prepares the body for labor and delivery. It provides relief from common pregnancy complaints and ensures a healthier journey. A certified yoga instructor experienced to understand, your changed anatomy and physiology will lead your session.
- Yoga for Hypertension– Yoga helps to reduce cholesterol levels by improving overall body metabolism and helps in treating hypertension.
- Yoga for Diabetes– Yoga practices which aim on stimulating pancreatic activity, are performed which in long term help to treat Diabetes. Along with that yoga works on overall metabolism which helps in Diabetes.
- Yoga for Pain– Yoga helps in improving flexibility and strength of muscles and improves blood circulation of the whole body which helps in releasing toxic congested blood and helps in pain management.
- Yoga for immunity– Yoga balances physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being, which improves immunity. Improved blood circulation also helps to generate more number of white blood cells responsible towards better immune levels.
- Yoga for Hair and Headache– Inverted asanas improve blood circulation of brain and head region which helps in hair health. It also strengthens nerves of head region which helps in alleviating headache and migraine.
- Yoga for Belly fat– Specific Yoga practices help to reduce belly fat by burning excess fat in the abdomen area. By doing regular yoga whole body attains perfect shape, as well.
- Yoga for Thyroid– Some practices stimulate thyroid gland and normalizes its activity (Hyper or Hypo). Thyroid gland plays important role in metabolism, growth and development.
- Yoga for Constipation– Yoga helps in peristaltic movement of intestines by giving the massaging effect to complete digestive system. This improves the bowel movement and helps to relieve constipation.
AT BLISS, Yoga sessions are taken on Group and Individual basis. Specific attention to specific disease or concern is given during the session.
Yoga Session timings-
7 am 8 am 9 am 11am 6 pm
1-2 persons are taken per session, to give specialized attention to their problem. Group classes for adults and Children or Family also available.
One can take daily sessions or on alternate days or weekends.
Sessions for only Pranayama and Meditation are also provided.
P.S. Let’s not wait for annual yoga day and do it once a year.
Start NOW…urges Dr. Bali
Experience the Essence of Healing: Yoga, the World’s Best Medicine, Guided by Dr. Punam Bali at Bliss Holistic Health in Delhi.